We are accepting applications for the position of Business Development Director at Tetramer. Resumes can be submitted through the Careers page.
The Business Development Director will build relationships and provide strategic direction to help the company grow and profit. Reporting to the CEO, this individual will focus on building and guiding relationships both internally and externally with sales and marketing teams, vendors, distributors and customers.
Objectives of this Role
- Managing both our existing sales pipeline and developing new business opportunities
- Take a lead role in the development of proposals and presentations for new business materials to create and nurture business opportunities and partnerships
- Identify trends and customer needs, building a short/medium/long-term sales pipeline in accordance with targets
- Develop strategies and positions by analyzing industry trends
- Meet or exceed mutually agreed sales quota
- Assist in the coordination and implementation of marketing strategies that achieve strategic goals
- Provide energy, track performance, and report metrics
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Individual contributor initially but success in this role can lead to building a team.
- Collaborate with internal departments, such as sales & marketing, operations, and engineering, as well as external partners and allies in the development and implementation of strategies, plans, and business models.
- Build a network and begin building a pipeline. Seek out prospective projects through phone calls, traveling, attending conferences, and other resources
- Identify business opportunities and manage relationships with various prospects, clients, and partners.
- Refine bid and proposal process to maximize profits and customer satisfaction.
- Build a good understanding of partnership options to create solutions that benefit both Tetramer and partners.
- Provide support to management in deal negotiations, contract development, due diligence, and other business development or alliance development projects.
- Direct strategic marketing by defining a strategy, refining the marketing message, and developing a marketing plan. Estimate demand for proposed projects based on market research and consumer trends.
- Initiate and manage development of marketing materials including technical brochures, company website, white papers, stock presentations, etc.
- Assist Operations in developing processes for capturing and responding to new business.
- Understand Tetramer’s capabilities (infrastructure and personnel), how we can leverage them, and where we can better grow.
- Research and learn new emerging technologies and trends.
- Develop and support proposals and presentations. Specifically, strategically understand how to pair excess R&D capacity with available manufacturing capabilities. Additionally, work with the Executive team to plan for growth and present to board.
- Monitor and evaluate industry trends and customer drivers and meet regularly with management and stakeholders to discuss strategy.
- Generate new leads, identify and contact decision-makers, screen potential business opportunities, select the deals in line with strategies, and lead and facilitate pitch logistics.
- Develop and implement overarching outbound sales and business development strategy, sales processes, structure, and best practices across the company.
- Support deal structure and pricing with business value analysis; negotiate prices for proactive bids and proposals.
- Maintain and share professional knowledge through education, networking, events, and presentations.
- The ideal candidate will have a background in chemistry or materials science. An MBA is a plus but not a requirement.
- Candidate ideally has a broad range of experience supporting many application areas from the specialty chemicals side – textiles, energy, and electronics. A background working at a CRO or at another applied lab would be beneficial, and experience working with toll manufacturers is a plus.
- Self-starter with a focus on results.
- Ability to lead and drive challenging projects forward despite uncertainties.
- Comfortable with both challenging and being challenged by peers.
- Successful track record in chemical sales and negotiation.
- Experience developing industrial partnerships.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full-time role that will include competitive salary, bonus and benefits.
- In compliance with ITAR government regulations, this position requires proof of U.S Citizenship, or active green card status. Any applicant that is made an offer of employment will be subject to internal E-Verify processes in accordance with company policy.
Be sure to visit www.tetramer.com/about to learn more about the Tetramer team.
To apply, submit your resume on Careers page.